When it comes to seeking addiction recovery, some Maryland treatment centers are better than others. When you’re ready to undergo rehab, you want to work with a successful facility. Three hallmarks typically identify centers with the right take on recovery. Do you know what they are?
1. Maryland Treatment Centers Should Have an Understanding of the Disease Model of Addiction
Physicians and therapists understand that addiction is a chronic brain disease. The disease revolves around the compulsion to use a substance even as it negatively affects your life. There’s no cure for the condition. However, it is possible to treat it and beat it into submission.
After achieving sobriety, maintaining it requires the application of relapse prevention strategies. When you work with a facility that follows this modern understanding, you’re in good hands. Therapists collaborate with you on your recovery.
However, if you deal with a facility that promises you a complete cure, you may have problems. You’re likely looking at one that’ll fail to live up to its promises.
2. Evidence-Based Modalities Typically Don’t Fail
Everyone’s reason for using drugs is different. When a center requires every program participant to undergo the same treatment, it’ll miss helping some. Instead, look for Maryland treatment centers that feature an extensive list of therapeutic interventions such as:
- On-site detoxification that eliminates the lag time between breaking a physical dependence and tackling the psychological addiction
- Certified medical professionals who deliver treatments that assist with your overall wellbeing and health
- Masters-level trained therapists who present a broad range of psychotherapy approaches to help you get to the why of addiction
- Access to 12-Step meetings, which assist with the development of relapse prevention strategies
- Seamless transitioning from inpatient treatment to a recovery phase that allows for less supervision and assistance
3. Delivery Methods Can Make a Huge Difference Between Failure and Success
You may have noticed that some alcohol treatment centers in Maryland now offer gender-specific paths to recovery. This development is a step that benefits individuals across the board. It allows men to break out of the role of stoic, silent sufferers. It allows women to feel safe and open up about trauma.
However, it’s vital to go a step further. Young adults need a different treatment curriculum than older program participants. An excellent addiction treatment campus will offer not just a gender-specific program but also an age-appropriate set of modalities. In fact, consider learning about Ashley Addiction Treatment.
Get Help Today
You don’t have to allow an addiction to continue controlling your life day in and day out. There’s high-quality help that takes you from detox to relapse prevention. Reach out to the compassionate counselors at Ashley Addiction Treatment today by calling 866-313-6307.