Chronic pain isn’t merely physical. It’s also psychological. We use innovative tools and therapies to help you reduce or eradicate chronic pain and regain control of your life.
Find freedom from pain.
Pain and substance use disorders are each debilitating on their own. Together, they can seem insurmountable. But, recovery is possible. Our Pain Recovery Program helps you reduce pain while also treating your dependence on medication. By focusing on recovery rather than merely managing pain, we’re able to help patients reduce pain, maximize functionality and mobility, and improve their quality of life.
Our expert team — board-certified physicians, nurses, an addiction psychiatrist, a cognitive therapist, a personal trainer and a counselor — is specifically trained to meet the unique demands of pain recovery with physical and psychological therapies, counseling, and education about chronic pain.
“If I didn’t stop, I would not be alive today and that is what Ashley gave me. I had to be in a different setting and away from my family and I had to be at Ashley. Life is good and Ashley saved my life.” – Paula
How the program works
The customized Pain Recovery Program takes place on our main campus in Havre De Grace, Maryland. Throughout the 35-day program, you will:
- Undergo a thorough clinical and medical assessment.
- Work with your counselor on creating an individualized treatment plan with your goals in mind.
- Undergo onsite, medically monitored detoxification from addictive substances and medications.
- Meet with the multi-disciplinary Pain Recovery team weekly.
- Attend both individual and group therapy services using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy and Schema therapy.
- Attend physical and aqua therapy three times a week offsite.
- Engage in wellness and fitness activities that restore overall wellbeing.
- Take part in acupuncture and massage therapy weekly to improve comfort.
- Take part in pain recovery-specific Peer Recovery Support Services.
- Attend pain recovery Alumni meetings weekly.
- Work with a dedicated Case Manager on a continuing care plan prior to discharge utilizing Ashley’s network of pain recovery specialists.
Holistic healing and wellness services
Other healing activities include art therapy, music therapy, yoga, meditation, spiritual counseling, TENS and substance use disorder education.
Prior to admission into the Pain Recovery Program, we will gain insight into your clinical and medical history and work with your established providers to ensure continuity of care.
If you’re ready to learn more about the program or to seek admission for yourself or a loved one, reach out to our staff to find the right path forward.