Find freedom from pain
Acute and chronic pain can often lead to problematic substance use. Whether the use of pain medications has become unmanageable or you are turning to other substances like alcohol to cope with the pain, recovery is always possible. The Pain Recovery Program at Ashley focuses on sustainable experience pain management, helping reduce your pain while also treating your substance use disorder. By approaching your recovery holistically — looking at you as a whole — rather than merely managing the symptoms of your pain, we will work with you to mitigate pain, maximize functionality and improve your quality of life.
“If I didn’t stop, I would not be alive today, and that is what Ashley gave me. I had to be in a different setting and away from my family, and I had to be at Ashley. Life is good, and Ashley saved my life.” – Paula
How does the program work?
Our specialized Pain Recovery Program takes place on our main campus in Havre de Grace, Maryland. The program is a total of five weeks long, each week focusing on a different area of wellness: emotional, mental, physical, social and spiritual wellness.
During the five-week program, you will:
- Undergo a thorough clinical and medical assessment.
- Work with your counselor on creating an individualized treatment plan with your goals in mind.
- Undergo on-site, medically monitored detoxification from addictive substances and medications.
- Meet with the pain recovery medical team weekly.
- Attend both individual and group therapy services using cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness-based cognitive therapy and schema therapy.
- Attend physical therapy once per week and aqua therapy three times per week.
- Engage in pain recovery-specific wellness and fitness activities that restore overall wellbeing.
- Take part in acupuncture and massage weekly to improve comfort.
- Engage in pain recovery-specific peer recovery support services.
- Have access to a TENS unit to help alleviate pain symptoms.
- Attend weekly virtual pain recovery alumni meetings.
- Work with a dedicated case manager on a continuing care plan prior to discharge utilizing Ashley’s network of pain recovery specialists.
What is the pre-admission process like?
Prior to admission to the Pain Recovery Program, we will gain insight into your clinical and medical history and work with your established providers to ensure continuity of care.
Our Pain Recovery Program is in-network and contracted with many major insurance carriers. Please refer to our payments & insurance page for more information, or call us at 800-799-4673. If your carrier is not contracted, an additional fee may apply.
Get started today
If you’re ready to learn more about the program or to seek admission for yourself or a loved one, reach out to our staff to find the right path forward.