Recovery requires understanding. Understanding requires acceptance. We help you accept and understand the disease of addiction so you can achieve long-term recovery.
Discover life beyond addiction
If you don’t know where to start, start here. The Primary Program integrates medical, clinical, psychological and holistic practices to openly and directly treat alcohol and drug dependence in an inpatient setting. Our expert team gives you the tools and knowledge to guide you through your recovery process so you can make a lasting positive change.
“I remember putting my head on the pillow and being able to really rest. I realized that I had found a place where I could find a new way to live.”Mark B.
How The Program Works
The Primary Program takes place at our 147-acre main campus in Havre De Grace, Maryland. Nestled in the Chesapeake Bay, it’s the perfect setting for you to find the motivation needed to heal the mind, body and spirit. Here, all people are treated with dignity and respect.
You’ll receive a treatment plan that is tailored to you, including a variety of modalities — family therapy, drug and alcohol detox programs, individual therapy, meditation, physical wellness and more — that treat any co-occurring issues. We’re committed to you achieving the best recovery outcome possible.
All participants in the program will be able to:
- Receive onsite, medically monitored detoxification, if needed.
- Attend consultations to address medical, therapeutic and dietary needs.
- Access a team of certified medical professionals and licensed clinicians.
- Attend individual and group therapy.
- Attend 12-Step meetings.
- Learn about the science of brain chemistry and substance use disorders.
- Receive tools to manage cravings and support long-term sobriety.
- Receive an individualized continuing care plan to manage the transition from inpatient treatment to the next stage of recovery.