Substance use disorders don’t merely affect the body. They affect the mind and spirit too. As a patient in one of our 28-day inpatient programs, you or your loved one can access spiritual care and wellness activities. Some services are also available as part of our outpatient programs.
Healing the body, opening the mind, lifting the spirit
We believe in holistic care, or caring for the whole person. Our main campus has the innovative tools needed to support holistic healing, from extended recovery skills to relapse prevention to everyday health and wellness. Holistic treatment works in tandem with our medical and clinical services to make lifelong recovery possible — for everyone.
Spiritual and faith-based services
Our spiritual care services focus on designing, implementing and monitoring a “design for living that really works” — a philosophy from the 12 Steps. Services include:
- Spirituality practices that support your treatment and recovery by managing cravings, increasing gratitude, achieving peace, improving relationships and connecting with purposeful living.
- Spiritual counseling consisting of one-on-one sessions where you’ll seek to understand and connect with the spiritual dimension of life.
- Individual and group grief counseling sessions for people dealing with loss.
- Didactic mindfulness and meditation sessions.
- Theracoustics — a non-pharmacological sound therapy that is clinically proven to help with stress, anxiety, anger, fear, pain and insomnia.
- Non-denominational worship services that offer you inspiration, solace and joyful fellowship.
- Art therapy to promote healing.
- Recreational arts activities that spark inspiration and creativity.
- Drumming exercises to encourage social interaction and mindfulness.
Fitness and exercise services
Fitness also supports you or your loved one’s treatment and recovery. Exercise reduces stress and helps get rid of any negative emotions you might be holding on to. It releases endorphins and dopamine to promote wellbeing. Our fitness services include:
- Free personal training
- Nature walks
- Wii™ and other recreational games
Holistic wellness services
When combined with other treatment modalities, such as individual and group therapy, our wellness services support lasting recovery. Wellness practices can help reduce cravings, ease withdrawal symptoms and physical pain, regulate emotions, decrease anxiety and stress and regulate sleep. Our services include:
- Yoga (beginner-level to Vinyasa and restorative)
- Cupping therapy
Request a prayer
If you would like someone prayed for by name by Mark Hushen, David Brumbaugh and Fr. Joe during our daily chapel services, fill out the form below.