Substance use disorders can negatively impact the body or be the result of chronic pain. Our medical team creates comprehensive, personalized plans to address these ailments and help to pave your path toward recovery.
Diagnosing and treating the effects of drug and alcohol dependence.
We embrace innovation by adopting new medical advances in substance use disorder treatment. All patients receive an assessment and physical upon admission to identify any co-occurring disorders or concerns. During your program, you’ll have 24/7 access to a medical team consisting of board-certified physicians (both medical and psychiatric), physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and certified nursing assistants. They are dedicated to your overall health and safety during treatment, and will prepare a discharge plan and appropriate prescriptions for discharge.
Medical Care services
- Detoxification as needed
- Pre-admission charts review and flagging of any medical or psychiatric concerns
- Nursing assessment upon admission and H and P with provider within 24 hours, as well as regular nursing assessments
- Anti-craving medication when appropriate (naltrexone, acamprosate, disulfiram, buprenorphine)
- Medical evaluations for illness or injury and referrals to outside providers or a hospital when needed
- Obtain collateral medical and psychiatric information from outside providers as needed
- Psychological and psychiatric evaluations and follow-up
- In-person, educational lectures on STIs, nutrition, and more
- STD testing based on risk factors and/or as requested by the patient
- Routine laboratory studies, urine toxicology upon admission, random urine toxicology throughout treatment
- Consultations with our dietitian for special medical considerations (diabetes, liver disease, eating disorders)
- Doing prior authorizations needed for patient medications or ordering appropriate substitution medications if needed
- Care updates for family members as requested