Join the Ashley team
Become part of the Ashley team and experience a workplace environment of extraordinary people helping others at one of the country’s top nonprofit addiction treatment centers. Openings may be available across three locations in Northern Maryland, including our headquarters on a picturesque campus on the banks of the Chesapeake Bay in Havre de Grace as well as outpatient centers in Bel Air and Elkton.
Careers with a purpose
Ashley is committed to helping patients overcome their substance use disorder to lead happier, healthier lives. Our expert staff combines skills in clinical, medical and psychological care, and works together to change lives for the better. No work is more rewarding, and we’re just as committed to staff success as we are to successful recovery outcomes for our patients.
We believe employees are what makes Ashley such a special place. Our approach to holistic patient care is driven by the same core values that govern relationships between our entire staff. Our workplace culture emphasizes:
- Respect: We respect everyone who comes through our doors at all times. Everyone deserves to be treated as human beings worthy of care and consideration.
- Authenticity: We remain authentic to ourselves, our work and our colleagues at all times.
- Accountability: We hold one another accountable, and we hold ourselves to high standards.
- Justice: We believe that everyone deserves to be treated the right way, no matter the circumstances.
- Strategic Thinking: The small things matter as much as the big ones because they all come together in the end.
- Innovative: Ashley is a unique place, and as such, requires unique and new approaches to managing its most important asset, its people.
- Success Is a Team Sport: When one succeeds, we all succeed; it’s that simple.
- Trust: With trust comes the notion of partnership and a spirit of collaboration to achieve the right outcomes for the right reasons.
Diversity & inclusion statement
Ashley is committed to a safe and productive discussion of diversity and equity issues and the ongoing establishment and maintenance of a positive, safe and healthy work and treatment environment.
Our Racial Equity Committee, which includes a cross-section of staff including top-level leadership, meets biweekly to discuss, take action on and track the success of our designated equity initiatives, including:
- Promoting continuous learning and self-examination on issues of inequity by encouraging open communication.
- Celebrating the essence of diversity, equity and inclusion, and their relationship to Ashley’s mission, vision and values.
- Taking action in creating equity for all members of the Ashley community.
- Acknowledging the roles of race, ethnicity and gender as social determinants in health, including in achieving and sustaining recovery.
To learn more about our commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion, including goals, resources and methods, go to our Racial Equity page.