Nurturing addiction-free futures
Addiction within a family environment can cause specific and complex challenges for children. In the Ashley Children and Caregiver’s Program, we work with children ages 7-12 to address their unique needs in an age-appropriate manner. The Children and Caregiver’s Program is a hybrid virtual and in-person week-long program held on the second week of the month.
Pre-registration is required to join.
For more information, please email FamilyWellness@AshleyTreatment.org.
What does Ashley’s Children and Caregiver’s Program include?
- Workshops facilitated by staff specially trained in children, parenting and substance use disorder
- Fun, educational and age-appropriate activities like crafts and games
- Learning how to express thoughts and feelings in a healthy and productive way
- Lessons in how to communicate openly and rebuild trust
Children and Caregiver’s Program schedule
- Disease/Can’t Cure It Demonstration
- Understanding the Seven C’s
- What do we do with Feelings?
- Letters/Pictures to Addiction
- Coping Skills
- Identifying Safe People
- How can Addiction Impact a Child?
- Common Parenting Concerns
- Improving Communication
Caregivers join the children to end the day by completing the Celebrating Recovery Activity together!
Need help or resources for children?
You don’t have to wait until the next Children and Caregiver’s Program event to get the info you need. Fill out the form below, and an Ashley representative will reach out to you.