What is Trac9?
Tracking patient outcomes is one of the ways that we develop and improve our treatment plans at Ashley. We collect confidential data while patients are in our care, as well as one year after leaving Ashley’s programs. While patients are in our care, the data we collect can directly help us adjust treatment plans based on their unique needs. The additional data we gather later helps us compare our methods to patient outcomes, advance research to better understand substance use disorder and learn how to treat it more effectively.
We use Trac9 Informatics as our assessment tool to monitor specific factors that have a scientifically validated and evidence-based association with long-term recovery. Each assessment is normed, psychometrically validated and available in the public domain, enabling their utilization in Trac9.
By participating in this data-gathering process, every Ashley patient has the opportunity to help future patients receive the treatment they need to support their recovery.
The trust that people place in us when they enter treatment motivates us to provide the gold standard of care and innovate. This means that we have to adapt and utilize new treatment methods and tools to help our patients start a new life in recovery. One of those tools is Trac9! We’re very excited about the doors Trac9 will open for us in improving our care even further and embracing our mission to its fullest!Greg Hobelmann, M.D., M.P.H., Co-CEO & President
Benefits of using Trac9
Combining our expertise with highly effective tools
- Trac9 allows us to measure the effectiveness of treatment and is an essential tool in addressing our patient’s individual treatment needs.
- Trac9 will help us identify their individual treatment needs and which counselor best meets these needs, resulting in an even better patient-clinician match and helping them and their families create an individualized path through treatment and into recovery.
- Our patients’ participation in Trac9 allows us to advocate for continued insurance authorization with their insurance company while they are in treatment.
- The Trac9 assessment data will also help us prepare a comprehensive continuing care plan tailored to each patient’s individual needs.
- If a patient’s post-treatment assessments indicate a recurrence of use, they will automatically be asked if they would like to notify Ashley about it. This step gives them the direct opportunity to seek help again, should it be necessary.
- The data we collect through the Trac9 assessments helps us improve treatment services and enhance patient outcomes.
Want to learn more?
Take a look at our Trac9 Info Sheet to learn how Trac9 will be used at Ashley, how it will benefit our patients’ treatment, receive answers to frequently asked questions, or head directly to Trac9’s website to learn more about the tool in general.
Research at Ashley
If you want to know more about how we use data at Ashley and what kind of research we conduct, head to our research page. On this page, you will also find a list of published research projects that can give you even more insight into our efforts to advance the science of addiction medicine.