Recovery Made Possible
Our Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), offered only at our Elkton campus, is designed for people who have a history of relapse after residential treatment or during outpatient programs or who are waiting for residential treatment. Patients at this level of care are often experiencing symptoms of such intensity that they are unable to be treated safely in a less intensive setting, and would otherwise require admission to an inpatient level of care.
How The Program Works
As part of a PHP, you will participate in short-term, day programs consisting of intensive treatment in a therapeutic environment, similar to that of an inpatient setting. The program requires a commitment of six hours a day for five days a week. Because every plan is individualized, the length of PHP treatment is dependent on how your symptoms improve over time. You’ll participate in group and individual therapy and engage in case management sessions. A multidisciplinary team (nurse practitioner, licensed practical nurse, licensed social worker) will help you to overcome addiction and gain the skills needed to achieve long-term recovery.
Who The Program Is For
PHP is ideal for people meeting the following criteria:
- You have no active suicidal intentions or homicidal ideations
- You can participate in recovery at an outpatient program without distraction (e.g., attend, follow recommendations for care, be motivated, and have no health conditions that would interfere with treatment delivery)
- You have a community-based network of support, parents, or caretakers who are able to ensure your safety outside of treatment hours
- The severity of your symptoms is not able to be treated safely or adequately in a less intensive level of care
- You have a past history of little success in a lower level of care