To say that Manhattan, New York, is a busy city would be an understatement. A financial and cultural powerhouse, it features a high population density. This makes finding suitable addiction treatment in Manhattan tough. What should you do?
Why It’s Difficult to Locate Suitable Addiction Treatment in Manhattan
Space is a significant factor. Because there’s very little room to work with, most facilities operate in the inner city. The hustle and bustle of the surrounding area can make relaxation difficult. Another problem is keeping your recovery on the down low.
Because there’s so much coming and going when undergoing addiction treatment in Manhattan, staying out of the public eye can be difficult. No matter how hard facilities try to guard your presence, it’s possible for the news to leak out. Some people can’t afford this kind of publicity.
Going Out of Town to Get Help
For the right person, the busyness of the surroundings isn’t a deal breaker. For others, however, there’s a better alternative elsewhere. Traveling out of state could open the door to better options.
Looking for Treatment Centers that Meet Your Needs
Find a facility that offers specialized women and men’s drug rehab programs. By having separate gender-specific paths, you recover in an environment with the right therapeutic backdrop. Men like the challenge that comes from peer accountability. Women prefer nurturing and supportive settings.
Treatments, too, must factor in your needs. Younger adults have different requirements for recovery than those in the older demographics. Examples of customizable therapies include:
- Pain recovery program for those struggling with an addiction to opiates and opioids
- On-site medical detox that ensures a seamless transition to rehab after breaking the physical dependence on a substance
- Dietary consultations that supply nutritional support for individuals in recovery
- Relaxation techniques that counteract trigger impulses with yoga and massage therapy
- Psychotherapy that encourages program participants to uncover dysfunctional traits that they want to change
- Group therapy that provides peer feedback during sessions
- Experiential therapy opportunities, which open the door for non-verbal communication
Even though there are some substance abuse programs in Manhattan that offer something along those lines, they lack the setting. A good example of an alternative is Ashley Addiction Treatment. Just a couple of hours away from Manhattan, you find it in Maryland’s Havre De Grace. Its setting encompasses 147 acres that end along the banks of the Chesapeake Bay.
Verdant landscapes and open vistas encourage rest. There’s no hustle and bustle. Healing takes place against the tranquil backdrop of this scenery. A secondary advantage is the secluded setting.
In order to find out more about Ashley Addiction Treatment, call us today at 866-313-6307.