Ashley Spiritual Care and Wellness
Heal your body. Open your mind. Lift your spirit.
Holistic care means caring for the whole person: mind, body and spirit. Our innovative campus developments, like Skip’s Hall for Integrated Addiction Treatment, offer an environment for holistic care – from extended recovery skills to relapse prevention to everyday health and wellness. Holistic healing will help you maintain lifelong recovery.
Holistic Treatment at Ashley includes
- Spiritual support and pastoral counseling – for all faiths
- Meditation and mindfulness training
- On-site yoga taught by certified yoga instructors
- Exercise in our state of the art facility led by our on staff personal trainer
- Music and art therapy facilitated by several local artists
- Massage and acupuncture provided by certified professionals
Ashley’s Spiritual Caring Services
- Spirituality. Designing, implementing and monitoring a “design for living that really works” is essential to life-long recovery. Spiritual practices support treatment and recovery because they help manage cravings, increase gratitude, achieve peace, improve relationships and connect with purposeful living.
- Spiritual Counseling. One on one sessions for individuals seeking to understand and connect with the spiritual dimension of life.
- Grief Counseling. Individual sessions and group sessions are offered for patients dealing with loss.
- Mindfulness Meditation. A didactic session is integrated with the experience of meditation to enhance the understanding and practice of this valuable recovery support.
- Theracoustics. Non-pharmacological sound therapy program provides clinically proven complementary treatments for stress, anxiety, anger, fear, pain and insomnia.
- Worship. Our recovery focused Catholic Mass and non-denominational services offer inspiration, solace and joyful fellowship to patients.
- Art Therapy. Integrated into clinical services to promote healing.
- Recreational Arts. Sparks inspiration and creativity while supporting social wellness.
- Drumming. Encourages social interaction and mindfulness.
The Fitness Center
We offer many different activities for you during your stay at Ashley:
- Free personal training
- Nature walks
- Wii™ and other recreational games
Fitness activities support treatment and recovery. Here are some of the benefits that can happen when participating in some of our activities:
- Exercise reduces stress and helps get rid of any negative emotions you might have.
- Exercise naturally and positively alters your brain chemistry. This happens by releasing endorphins and dopamine in your brain that promote wellbeing.
Ashley Wellness Services
- Personal Training
- Acupuncture: 60-minute session
- Massage: 60-minute session
- Reiki: Assists the body’s natural healing processes, promotes deep relaxation and supports emotional, mental, and spiritual well-being.
- Cupping Therapy: A type of deep-tissue massage, an ancient form of alternative medicine that helps with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation and well-being.
ADD accupressure, aroma therapy, and breath work are safe and cost-effective. When combined with other modalities of treatment, such as individual therapy, group counseling, and support groups, wellness services support treatment and recovery.
Practitioners of acupuncture and massage claim that the practice can:
- Help reduce cravings
- Ease unpleasant withdrawal symptoms
- Ease physical pain
- Help regulate emotions
- Decrease anxiety and stress
- Help regulate sleep
Yoga for Holistic Care
We offer a variety of yoga classes to our patients which can include anything from beginner level, to Vinyasa and restorative yoga. All of our instructors are YTT certified, and design each class so that yogis of all levels can participate.