Children and Youth Program
Nurture addiction free futures.
Addiction within a family environment can cause specific and complex challenges for children. In the Ashley Children and Youth Program for children ages 6-14, we work with each child’s unique needs in an age appropriate manner. We also teach parents to help their children avoid long-term problems such as academic issues, delinquency and substance use. Addressing these issues from a young age helps your child reach their full potential.
The Children and Youth Program is open to the public on the second Saturday of each month from 9 am to 3 pm. For more information or to register, please call 410-273-2227 or familywellness@AshleyTreatment.org.
Registration is required.
Ashley’s Children & Youth Program includes
- Participation in a one day session, held on the second Saturday of each month
- Workshops facilitated by licensed counselors, specially trained in addiction and youth risk behavior
- Fun, educational activities like crafts and games
- Learning how to express thoughts and feelings in a healthy and productive way
- Lessons in how to openly communicate and rebuild trust
- Caregivers attend an all-day workshop led by licensed counselors
Children and Youth Program Schedule
9 am – 3 pm
- Puppet Show or Disease/Can’t Cure It Demonstration
- Understanding the Seven C’s
- What do we do with Feelings?
- Letters/Pictures to Addiction
- Coping Skills
- Identifying Safe People
- How can Addiction Impact a Child?
- Common Parenting Concerns
- Improving Communication
Caregivers join the Children and Youth to end the day completing the Celebrating Recovery Activity together!