Ashley is a place for everyone’s healing
Ensuring that our programs and facilities promote diversity, equity and inclusion for our patient and staff community is an essential part of who we are and how we promote healing. Everyone is welcome at Ashley.
We provide our staff with training and support healthy discussions on how to maintain a diverse and inclusive treatment environment. Our staff is engaged in:
- Continuous learning and self-examination on issues of inequity through open communication
- Focusing on how diversity, equity and inclusion relate to Ashley’s mission, vision and values.
- Taking action in creating equity for all members of the Ashley community
- Understanding social determinants of health to inform treatment plans for our patients
- Individualized care that recognizes and addresses complicating factors related to race, ethnicity, gender and sexuality
Promoting racial equity
While acknowledging the issues surrounding systemic racism is important, doing the work required to advance equity and understanding is how we can make positive changes. Learn more about Ashley’s initiatives to combat racism and its effect on substance use disorder.
Understanding how gender affects the recovery journey
There are many aspects that affect a patient’s journey to sobriety. While some focused group treatment options operate within a gender binary, this is not intended as a reflection of Ashley’s values other than a preference for methods that have proven effective in addiction treatment. We will always respect and affirm our patients’ chosen gender identity.
Learn more about gender-specialized care at Ashley.