Clinical Intern applications will be accepted and reviewed each May and June for internships that begin in August or September of the same year. Additional applications will be accepted in October and November for internships that start in January or February of the next year if openings are available.
Clinical Intern applicants must be in a Master’s or Doctorate program studying Addiction Counseling, Professional Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Social Work or Advanced Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing.
Ashley currently has multiple internship placements in Maryland. We have outpatient locations in both Bel Air and Elkton, an extended care home in the Churchville area, and our main inpatient facility on the banks of the Chesapeake Bay in Havre de Grace, Maryland.
All interns are required to be up to date with one of the FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccines before the start of their internship.
Once the application and resume are received, a member from both the Human Resources and Clinical Management teams will review and arrange an interview. After a successful interview, the student will be referred to our Human Resources team for internship onboarding — which includes a background check, drug screen and one full day of orientation.
Clinical Site Description
Clinical internship & supervision include:
- Biopsychosocial assessments.
- Treatment, planning and evaluation of interventions.
- Providing psychoeducation to individuals and groups.
- Interdisciplinary case reviews.
- Working through ethical dilemmas.
- Addressing counter-transference and transference.
- Stress management and work/life balance advice.
- Learning differential diagnosis.
- Exploring patient-family dynamics.
- Following agency policy and procedures.
- Practicing 12-step facilitation therapy, cognitive behavior therapy and motivational enhancement therapy.
- Understanding Medication Supported Recovery.
- Complexities of treating co-morbidities.