Recovery begins today.
At Ashley, we believe that treating you with dignity and respect are the hallmarks of lifesaving treatment and sustainable recovery. We invite you to begin to rebuild your self-respect and dignity here on our campus. In order to focus on healing, we ask you to consider the ways in which you carry and care for yourself. Listed below are general DOs and DON’Ts of packing for your treatment experience at Ashley. Our Intake Coordinators can answer any additional questions you may have. We recommend that you bring up to $100 in cash to purchase items in our campus store. Our campus store offers toiletries, clothing, literature and more.
Care Package and other drop offs at the guard shack are only permitted between 7:00 am – 7:00 pm, Monday-Friday and 7:00 am – 5:00 pm Saturday and Sunday to ensure that the drop offs go directly to a staff member.
What to bring:
Please limit luggage to two pieces.
- Picture ID
- Insurance and/or prescription card
- COVID-19 vaccination card, if applicable
- Comfortable Casual Attire – laundry service is provided.
- Exercise clothing – gym shorts/shirts and sneakers (Patients in our Pain Recovery Program should bring a one-piece bathing suit and water shoes for hydrotherapy)
- Weather appropriate outerwear
- Backpacks, tote bags, drawstring bookbags to carry workbooks and other materials.
- Unopened personal hygiene items – shampoo/soap/toothbrush/toothpaste/shaving kit
- Medications – please bring your existing prescribed medications in the original bottles and a list of all over the counter medications, vitamins, herbals, or other supplements you are currently taking. Our medical staff will review the existing medications and additional list to determine which may be helpful for you during your stay at Ashley. Your personal medications will be used for verification purposes only. Upon admission, these medications will be stored and then returned to you at the time of discharge. You should provide information on your prescription insurance coverage at the time of admission. If insurance does not cover your medications, you will be responsible for the charges.
- Smoking & tobacco products – Ashley will not provide these items. Cigarettes aren’t available to purchase on campus. We do not permit the use of E-cigarettes or “vape” equipment.
- Method of payment – credit card or cashiers’ check for amount agreed to during the pre-admission phone assessment
- Cash/Credit or Debit card for incidentals. You will need funds for treatment-related reading materials you may wish to purchase, incidentals and extra services such as dry cleaning, massage and acupuncture. The Oak Store on campus sells personal-need items, recovery-related materials and Ashley items. Please limit your cash to $100.
- Journal for writing / novels and nonfiction books are permitted, but will be evaluated for appropriateness during luggage searches.