Men’s Extended Care Program
Substance use disorders affect men and women differently. We’ll help you or your loved one address the unique issues emerging adult men often face during recovery and provide the support needed to live a happier, healthier life.
We’re dedicated to increasing your chances of lifelong recovery. As part of Ashley’s gender-specific services for men, the Men’s Emerging Adult Extended Care Program provides you additional support during your early recovery. By developing a deeper connection to self, others, and a power greater than self, you’ll be better able to navigate a life free of substance abuse.
How the program works
After completing the 28-day Emerging Adult Inpatient Program, you’ll participate in the Men’s Emerging Adult Extended Care Program for 60 days at a private, Ashley-owned residence in Churchville, Maryland. During that time, our compassionate staff will work with you to address underlying factors contributing to your substance abuse, including mental health disorders, trauma, and developmental challenges you face as an emerging adult. A combination of psychological and clinical care will give you the tools to make long-term recovery possible. Over two months you will:
- Undergo psychological assessment and receive individualized treatment building on your intrinsic strengths.
- Address underlying emotional, spiritual and behavioral issues that contribute to your substance use disorder through individual and group therapy sessions with a trained clinician, licensed family therapist, psychiatric nurse practitioner and psychologist. Some common issues addressed include co-occurring medical and mental health disorders, unresolved grief, loss and trauma, poor impulse control, cognitive distortions and their associated schemas.
- Navigate and work through the 12-Step Recovery Program with the support of a sponsor and address issues within the process.
- Explore recovery programs outside of the 12-Step fellowship such as SMART Recovery and Refuge Recovery.
- Get help from a Certified Peer Recovery Specialist that’s available 24 hours a day.
- Cultivate positive connections with peers in the program.
- Attend life-skills training workshops to support independent living including financial planning, vocational training, nutritional education and meal preparation, impacts of social media, relapse prevention and conflict resolution.
- Participate in nature and art therapies conducted by licensed clinicians to address the developmental needs of emerging adults.
- Learn how to have fun without substance use through recreational activities such as kayaking, paintball, movies, bowling, go-kart racing and more.
- Receive nutrition and exercise plans and access to on-site gym equipment.
- Collaborate with clinical staff, family members and other specialists to develop a detailed continuing care plan.
Additional services available to you include LGBTQ-specific programming; access to and education about Medication Supported Recovery which includes cravings management and smoking cessation; regular phone and computer access (monitored by staff); daily living activities such as grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning the living space, and personal laundry.
How to participate
The Men’s Emerging Adult Extended Care Program is designed to support young men who want to build on their success from the Emerging Adult Inpatient Program. This program is well suited for those with underlying factors that may hinder long-term recovery, who wish to improve self-efficacy, and who want to achieve balance in recovery so they can live a more fulfilling life. To learn more, call 1-800-799-HOPE (4673) or email email@example.com.
Resources for potential patients
Innovative medical care administered by board-certified physicians, physician assistants, and nurses.
Comprehensive mental health care administered by full-time psychiatrists and clinical psychologists.
If you’re ready to get started, send your confidential information to our admissions staff today.
Resources for current patients
Request to visit a participant in the Men’s Emerging Adult Extended Care Program.
Request approval for a participant to leave the residence.
Leave of Absence
Request approval for a participant to leave the residence for an extended period of time.