Become a part of our #MovementForRecovery and join our Ashley Ultra race! 31 hours of movement to celebrate recovery and Ashley brand ambassador/ultra marathoner Charlie Engle. Bring family and friends to cheer you on, enjoy moving together for recovery, live music, yoga by the bay, cooling station, a photo booth, special guests and great food. All proceeds and donations will go towards scholarships to help others access care.
Join our Facebook group to share and celebrate movement and recovery.
Event details & schedule
Day 1 – Saturday, July 22
- 8:00 am – Registration opens (runners-walkers and fans/guests)
- 8:40 am – Warm up and stretch: Presented by The Phoenix
- 8:50 am – Welcome
- 9:00 am – Race begins
- 9:45 am – Music: The Squeegees
- 10:00 am – Cool down: Presenting by The Phoenix
- 10:30 am – Food trucks open until 3:00 pm
- 10:30 am – Speaker: Chris Haggerty, Former Navy Seal, Overcoming Adversity
- 11:15 am – Music: The Squeegees
- 12:15 pm – Speaker: Hilary Phelps
- 12:30 pm – CrossFit for beginners: Presented by Surfside
- 1:00 pm – Yoga by the bay
- 4:00 pm – Campus Closes to general public
Day 2 – Sunday, July 23
- Ultra participants will have access to campus for the full 31 hours
- 5:00 pm – Event will close for all runners
Together we move and united we recover
Register below and create your own fundraiser by clicking on the “Start Fundraising!” button to help people find lifelong recovery. By starting your own fundraiser, you’re entering to win a special Penguin hoodie (raise $500 or more). If you raise more than anyone else, you will win a PURE juicer (a $2,000 value)!
Ultra participants will be asked to to raise a minimum of $500 that will help support the scholarship program at Ashley. Ultras can setup a fundraising page through JustGiving.
Development Coordinator, Kacey Boyle, kboyle@AshleyTreatment.org will reach out to each Ultra after they register online to offer any assistance and provide more details about the event and accommodations.
All guests participating in The Penguin are not permitted to enter ANY buildings on Ashley’s campus for any reason. Visiting patients and any delivers to patients are not permitted. Pictures are not permitted on campus. Any violation may result in removal from campus.
Please reach out to us at ThePenguin@AshleyTreatment.org with any questions.