Charlie Engle: going the distance for recovery
Ashley Addiction Treatment is proud to welcome our first brand ambassador. Charlie will collaborate with us to improve our wellness and fitness programs, as well as amplify our work in high-profile media events.
Who is Charlie Engle?
Charlie is a writer, extreme long-distance runner and keynote speaker who knows the struggles of substance use disorder all too well. He’s been in recovery since July 23, 1992! In 2016, he published Running Man, a memoir on how he overcame his struggles and pushed forward to create a better life for himself and others. Check out his website to learn more about his work and updates on his latest endeavors.
Charlie Engle and Ashley Addiction Treatment
In his new role as brand ambassador, Charlie will help with initiatives such as:
- Keynote speaker appearances for special events.
- Monthly lectures for the patient community, both virtually and in person.
- Ashley’s employee wellness program, with activities like quarterly staff presentations.
- Weekly social media posts in partnership with our communications team.
- Pilot patient fitness program developed with our clinical team to incorporate exercise into patient programming.
- Media events around recovery and wellness.
- Monthly recovery blog posts for our Ashley Alumni newsletter.
- And so much more!
We’re so happy that Charlie will be joining us — we’re looking forward to everything he’ll do to the table to improve the Ashley Addiction Treatment patient’s experience, while spreading the word about our holistic approach to recovery.