Emerging adults confronted with substance use disorders deserve a chance to reach their full potential.
Connection is the key to recovery.
Our Emerging Adult Program helps you or your loved one gain independence and live a life free of substances. The program focuses on developing a healthy connection to self and others and a sense of meaning and purpose.
Our Emerging Adult Treatment Team is composed of counselors who are specialized in adult recovery who work closely with patients and families to develop a plan that ensures long-term success on your road to recovery. Our goal is to help emerging adults realize their full potential and achieve an independent, high quality of life.
“Ashley taught me that getting clean isn’t just about not drinking or getting high, it’s about creating a life for myself that’s worth living.” – John R.
How the program works
The Emerging Adult (EA) Program takes place on our main campus in Havre De Grace, Maryland. Our experienced staff guide you or your loved one through interactive workshops and experiential therapies designed to engage emerging adults and provide the tools needed to live a healthy, independent life. Most programming is gender- and group-based.
Throughout the 28-day program, you or your loved one will:
- Undergo onsite, medically monitored detoxification if needed.
- Attend individual and group counseling and case-management sessions.
- Address co-occurring issues such as grief, anxiety, depression, and trauma.
- Participate in experiential workshops that address issues and challenges specific to emerging adults.
- Attend life-skills training workshops to support future healthy living.
- Work through the 12-step Recovery Program at meetings tailored to young people.
- Learn about mindfulness and meditation.
- Strengthen relationships with their family and loved ones.
During treatment, patients, their families, counselors and patient care coordinators will collaborate to create an individualized aftercare plan to sustain recovery. Extended care programs are also available to those who need more support beyond the successful completion of the 28-day inpatient program.
Holistic healing and wellness services
Additional services include direct access to medical and clinical services, art therapy and group theracoustic activities, recreational activities, and community-based recovery through the cultivation of positive peer connections.
Meet the EA Team
Take on life with confidence.