Children and Youth Program
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19, the Children and Youth Program will not be available. We will update this page when these services are available again. If you are in need of help or resources for children, please fill out our form below.
Nurture addiction free futures.
Addiction within a family environment can cause specific and complex challenges for children. In the Ashley Children and Youth Program for children ages 6-14, we work with each child’s unique needs in an age appropriate manner. We also teach parents to help their children avoid long-term problems such as academic issues, delinquency and substance use. Addressing these issues from a young age helps your child reach their full potential.
The Children and Youth Program is open to the public on the second Saturday of each month from 9 am to 3 pm. For more information or to register, please call 410-273-2227 or familywellness@AshleyTreatment.org.
Registration is required.
Ashley’s Children & Youth Program includes
- Participation in a one day session, held on the second Saturday of each month
- Workshops facilitated by licensed counselors, specially trained in addiction and youth risk behavior
- Fun, educational activities like crafts and games
- Learning how to express thoughts and feelings in a healthy and productive way
- Lessons in how to openly communicate and rebuild trust
- Caregivers attend an all-day workshop led by licensed counselors
Children and Youth Program Schedule
- Puppet Show or Disease/Can’t Cure It Demonstration
- Understanding the Seven C’s
- What do we do with Feelings?
- Letters/Pictures to Addiction
- Coping Skills
- Identifying Safe People
- How can Addiction Impact a Child?
- Common Parenting Concerns
- Improving Communication
Caregivers join the Children and Youth to end the day completing the Celebrating Recovery Activity together!