Women’s Extended Care Program
Substance use disorders affect men and women differently. We’ll help you or your loved one address the unique issues women often face during recovery and provide the support needed to live a more fulfilling life.
Lifelong recovery is possible and Ashley is committed to helping you develop the skills needed to get there. As part of Ashley’s gender-specific services for women, the Women’s Extended Care Program is designed and delivered by women and helps to stabilize women in early recovery. The program focuses on holistic wellness and meeting your individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
We help women find their motivation to take back control of their lives and become healthy, engaged family and community members.
How the program works
The Women’s Extended Care Program consists of 90 days of treatment at a private, Ashley-owned residence in Churchville, Maryland, following the successful completion of a residential treatment program. During that time, our compassionate staff will work with you to address underlying factors contributing to your substance abuse, including mental health disorders, trauma, and developmental obstacles unique to women. A combination of psychological and clinical care will give you the tools to make long-term recovery possible. Over three months you will:
- Undergo psychological assessment and receive individualized treatment building on your intrinsic strengths.
- Address underlying emotional, spiritual and behavioral issues that contribute to your substance use disorder through individual and group therapy sessions with a trained clinician, licensed family therapist, psychiatric nurse practitioner and psychologist. Some common issues addressed include co-occurring medical and mental health disorders, unresolved grief, loss and trauma, poor impulse control, cognitive distortions and their associated schemas.
- Navigate and work through the 12-Step Recovery Program with the support of a sponsor and address issues within the process.
- Explore recovery programs outside of the 12-Step fellowship such as SMART Recovery, Refuge Recovery, Life Ring Recovery, or Celebrate Recovery.
- Complete relapse prevention training.
- Get help from a Certified Peer Recovery Specialist.
- Identify and remove obstacles to a healthy connection with self, others and a power greater than self.
- Cultivate positive connections with peers in the program.
- Attend life-skills training workshops to support independent living including mindfulness and meditation, self-defense, relationships in recovery, basic auto maintenance, CPR and Naloxone training, and financial planning and budgeting.
- Participate in equine-assisted, art, nature, and music therapies.
- Learn how to have fun without substance use through recreational and Sober Saturday activities such as salon and spa services, kayaking, movie outings, rock climbing, amusement parks, community service and more.
- Receive nutrition and exercise plans and access to on-site gym equipment and yoga classes.
- Collaborate with clinical staff, family members and other specialists to develop a detailed continuing care plan.
Additional services available to you include mutual support groups, family therapy sessions, church services, trauma therapy, body positivity education, boundaries training; access to and education about Medication Supported Recovery which includes cravings management and smoking cessation; regular phone and computer access (monitored by staff); daily living activities such as grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning the living space, and personal laundry.
How to participate
The Women’s Extended Care Program serves women who want to build on their success from a traditional 28-day inpatient program. This program is well suited for people with underlying factors that may hinder long-term recovery, who wish to improve self-efficacy, and who want to achieve balance in recovery so they can live a happier, healthier life. To learn more, call 1-800-799-HOPE (4673) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for potential patients
Innovative medical care administered by board-certified physicians, physician assistants, and nurses.
Comprehensive mental health care administered by full-time psychiatrists and clinical psychologists
If you’re ready to get started, send your confidential information to our admissions staff today.
Resources for current patients
Request to visit a participant in the Women’s Extended Care Program.
Request approval for a participant to leave the residence.
Leave of Absence
Request approval for a participant to leave the residence for an extended period of time.