Become a part of our #MovementForRecovery and join our brand ambassador and ultramarathon legend Charlie Engle on his 30-hour run for 30 years of sobriety, or just run/walk as much as you like. You decide! All proceeds and donations will go towards innovative research in addiction medicine and cutting-edge programming in addiction treatment to help people find lifelong recovery.
Bring family and friends to cheer you on, enjoy moving together for recovery, live music, yoga by the bay, cooling station, a photo booth, special guests and great food. Join our Facebook group to share and celebrate movement and recovery.
Together we move and united we recover
Register below and create your own fundraiser by clicking on the “Start Fundraising!” button to help people find lifelong recovery.
By starting your own fundraiser, you’re entering to win a special Penguin hoodie (raise $500 or more). If you raise more than anyone else, you will win a personal coaching session with Charlie and a signed copy of his book!
This event has passed.
Every registered runner/walker/swimmer/etc. will get a free workshop with ultramarathoner Charlie on July 16, 10:00 am EST, via Zoom. We will send you a link when you register!
Win a personal coaching session
For those who set up their own fundraiser for the cause here, you can win a special Penguin hoodie, a personal coaching session with Charlie and a signed copy of his book “Running Man.”
Event details & schedule
Day 1 – Saturday, July 23
- 9:30 am – Registration opens (runners-walkers and fans/guests)
- 10:15 am – Opening ceremony with Charlie Engle & Deepak Chopra (joining virtually)
- 10:30 am – Run-walk starts with Charlie Engle
- 11:00 am – Yoga
- 11:15 am – Special raffle
- 11:30 am – Zumba
- 11:30 am – Matt Butler (music)
- 12:00 pm – Yoga
- 12:30 pm – HITT
- 1:00 pm – Yoga
- 1:30 pm – Yoga
- 1:45 am – Wrap-up of the day & check-in with Charlie
- 2:00 pm – Campus closes to non-walkers & runners (all other guests must depart from campus)
- 2:00 pm onward – Aid station, food, beverages, and medical tent stay open for participants
Day 2 – Sunday, July 24
- 1:30 pm – Registration day 2 opens (runners-walkers and fans/guests)
- 2:00 pm – Day 2 opening ceremony
- 2:00 pm – Yoga
- 2:30 pm – The Squeegees (music)
- 3:00 pm – Yoga
- 3:30 pm – Yoga
- 3:30 pm – Mrs. Maryland 2021, Julia Chang (fitness talk)
- 4:30 pm – Wrap-up of the event
- 4:55 pm – Charlie and others finish 30-hour run/walk & speech by Charlie
- 5:00 pm – Campus closes to the public
*Hot food, snacks and beverages will be available during the event.
For music lovers
We will have Matt Butler playing for us on Saturday, and The Squeegees will play on Sunday!!
Check out Matt’s new show “Reckless Son.” We love it!
The Squeegees are an eclectic classic & alternative rock band who are excited to get you moving.
As we look forward to this event, the health and safety of our guests, employees and patients remain our top priority. All guests are required to be vaccinated and be able to show proof of vaccination to attend this event. If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 on the day of the event, we ask you to please stay home. Check back here for any COVID-19 protocol updates.
Please reach out to us at ThePenguin@AshleyTreatment.org with any questions.