An alcohol use disorder is more common than you might imagine. You may feel as though you’re the only one with this condition, but you’re in good company. The condition affects people from all walks of life. The answer to a better life is high-quality rehab for alcoholics.
Going it Alone Doesn’t Work
Maybe you’re embarrassed because quitting the alcohol habit is so hard. You’ve tried to stop drinking in the past. No matter how much you promise yourself to stop, however, you keep coming back to the drug. Even if you empty your bottles into the sink, it’s not enough to keep you from buying more later that afternoon.
Because alcohol acts as a stimulant as long as you keep drinking, you chase the high. In the process, your body develops a tolerance to the drug. Before long, you have an addiction that comes with severe physical withdrawal symptoms. The pain scares you into using again.
The Right Rehab for Alcoholics Helps You Overcome Addiction
Did you know that you don’t have to continue living this way? When you work with therapists who understand the disease of addiction, there’s hope. A good quality facility will combine an alcohol detox program with rehab. Because so many relapses happen between detox and rehab, having a seamless transition is vital.
Once the detox safely and decidedly breaks the physical alcohol addiction, you deal with the psychological aspects. Examples of modalities include:
- Education that helps you understand how addiction works and how you can beat it
- One-on-one talk therapy that introduces a variety of treatment methods to overcome the needs perception
- Group therapy sessions that open the door to peer interactions and new learning processes
- Nutritional counseling which helps you support your decision to regain your health
- Opportunities for interactive participation at 12-Step meetings and similar support groups
- Young adult classes that meet the needs of a demographic too many other facilities overlook
- Holistic treatments that include massage therapy, acupuncture, yoga, and exercise
Because each person suffers from an alcohol use disorder differently, rehab for alcoholics must allow for customization. After an intake counselor gets to know you and understands your case, the professional devises a treatment protocol. Excellent facilities make it possible for the protocol to change on a dime. If you progress much faster than therapists initially anticipated, it makes sense for them to advance your treatment accordingly.
What Happens if I do Nothing?
If you still think you can handle your alcohol addiction alone, you’re kidding yourself. You need a safe detox followed by targeted psychotherapy. No matter how often you attempt to quit by yourself, beating an alcohol use disorder into remission requires professional help. Rehab for alcoholics is the way to go.
At Ashley Addiction Treatment, caring therapists work with you to protect your health and psychological well-being. Non-judgmental staff members assist you every step of the way.