May 13, 2019 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Monday, May 13 – Friday, May 17
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
The Recovery Coach Academy is the nation’s leading educator in Recovery Coaching! This training is sponsored and facilitated by the regions leading clinical experts while attaining practical tools to hone your skills as a recovery coach in today’s ever changing drug and alcohol treatment field. This is your opportunity to more effectively help others and develop the skills for contributing in a professional way to your local community. The Recovery Coach Academy is presented by the Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery (CCAR).
This training will teach skills needed to guide, mentor, and support those in recovery from an alcohol or drug addiction.
This is a 5 day training. Each Day will consist of a full day of training from 9:00 am-4:00 pm and will include breakfast, lunch, and expert training by CCAR certified trainers. At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Describe Recovery Coach role and functions
- List the components, core values and guiding principles of recovery.
- Build Skills to enhance relationships
- Explore many dimensions of recovery and recovery coaching
- Discover attitudes about self disclosure and sharing your story
- Describe the stages of change and their applications
- Increase their awareness of culture, power and privilege
- Address ethical and boundaries issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
$500, includes training, materials, and breakfast and lunch each day. Please inquire about limited scholarships and organizational discounts.
Accommodations in the area: The Radnor Hotel 610-688-5800, Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Conshohocken 610-828-8800.
After completing this course, you’ll have 30 CEUs and a Certificate of Achievement from the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy.
For more information contact: Ashley Beal, firstname.lastname@example.org, 215-285-9875.