Excessive drinking is not only a problem exclusively for young people. Alcohol abuse also affects people whom you might least expect. The answer to this problem is alcohol rehab for seniors.
Is Alcohol Abuse Among Senior Citizens a Problem?
Many adults would consider themselves among the age group of people who know better, instead of part of a statistic. Binge-drinking and overdoing it is something that only happens to the college kids, right? In fact, that’s wrong.
A growing body of research emphasizes the need for alcohol rehab for seniors. The Journal of the American Medical Association Psychiatry (JAMA) surveyed a large sample of adults. They found that alcohol use increased across various age groups, which includes those older than 65 and also show an increase in high-risk drinking.
What Does Alcohol Rehab for Seniors Accomplish?
Young adult rehab primarily focuses on getting program participants back on track in school or at work and may assist with restructuring a life of alcohol abuse that has lasted a few years. However, programs that work with older adults must focus much more heavily on the reasons for using in order to undo years or even decades of alcohol abuse.
The best inpatient alcohol rehab center in MD addresses these considerations. For example, possible treatments include:
- A whole-person evaluation that takes into account your medical, psychiatric, social, and dietary needs
- Medical detoxification that helps you to stop drinking without suffering health problems or enduring physical pain
- Individual therapy, which gives you an opportunity to talk through your desire for alcohol with an expert
- Group therapy that introduces you to peers who are also in recovery
- Custom behavioral and psychotherapy approaches to prevent alcohol relapse and help you develop coping skills
- Wellness treatments that include age-appropriate fitness exercises, massages, and acupuncture
- Around-the-clock nutritional support that enables you to embark on a healthy lifestyle
What Happens If You Ignore the Warning Signs?
Many people fail to enter treatment due to fears of financial burdens and out-of-pocket costs. However, at Ashley Treatment, we will work with you to develop a financial plan that is best for you.
Several medications do not interact well with alcohol and can cause life-threatening problems, but you do not have to go down that road. No matter how long you’ve been drinking, alcohol rehab for seniors at Ashley Addiction Treatment can help. Learn more about us by calling 866-313-6310 today.